Have you ever made your own Gingerbread House? Well here’s your chance!
Calling ALL Pre-School and Elementary Families!
We will meet in the Old Fellowship Hall on Sunday, December 10 from Noon – 2 PM to make gingerbread houses.
Each person participating will need to bring:
- 1 Quart size milk/juice carton (empty and rinsed)
- 1 Batch of Royal Icing (see below for recipe)
- 1 Box of Graham Crackers
- 1-2 Bags of candy
Sign up at either Welcome Center or send Lori Cruden an email by December 3
Make a new family memory this Christmas Season by attending this Fun Family Event! (Remember, since this is a family event, and adult is required to stay.)
If you have any questions, contact Lori Cruden at (815) 985-4245 or email@example.com,
Royal Icing Recipe
- 3 Egg Whites
- ½ tsp. Cream of Tartar
- 1 lb. Sifted Powdered Sugar
- Beat Egg Whites and Cream of Tartar in a small bowl until frothy and foamy. Gradually add Powdered Sugar, while continuing to beat until icing stands in firm peaks and is stiff enough to hold a sharp line when cut through with a knife. This takes a lot of beating!
- Note: The frosting dries out quickly if exposed to air. To keep moist and workable, cover bowl with several sheets of damp paper towels. Bring to the party in a covered container.
- This frosting must be STIFF, not runny. You might need to beat it more than fifteen minutes!
- 2 cans of white frosting can be substituted instead of the above recipe, however, it won’t set up or last as well.